Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Mobile 5 Excel used on a MIO A201 pda/gps

Mobile 5 Excel used on a MIO A201 pda/gps
Unlike a desktop PC I cannot persuade Mobile Excel to accept a date entry in European number form to be formatted into a date format with the month exotressed as a word. For instance,.....


 
Unlike a desktop PC I cannot persuade Mobile Excel to accept a date entry in European number form to be formatted into a date format with the month exotressed as a word. For instance,

If I enter today's date, which is 19th of November 2008 I would type,

19/11/2008 into a pre-formatted cell and expect to see 19-November-2008.

However all I get is 19/11/2008 !!!!!      If however I type 11/19/2008 (American style) then I get 19-November-2008

The manual states all I have to do is set up the PDA via its country settings to European (in my case UK) such that currency is in £ and dates are dd/mm/yyyy etc... This I have done and the machine displays dates correctly and even in Word BUT NOT in Excel

The Mio technicians are baffled as well. They have even checked out Mobile 6 and it has the same bug.

Can you help me, as I have been trying for over a year to solve this

No comments:

Post a Comment