Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

Windows Mobile 6.1 Cannot Delete/Copy/Sync Files

Windows Mobile 6.1 Cannot Delete/Copy/Sync Files
Originally, I thought the issue was related to ActiveSync on my laptop, because I couldn't sync, and it was making me a Guest, but the problem appeared when I attempted to sync with my workstation as well.  As soon as the connection is made, I get an error message that "Sychronization cannot be completed successfully".  I used the troubleshooter as suggested, but the only problem it found was that I wasn't running Outlook.........

 
Originally, I thought the issue was related to ActiveSync on my laptop, because I couldn't sync, and it was making me a Guest, but the problem appeared when I attempted to sync with my workstation as well.  As soon as the connection is made, I get an error message that "Sychronization cannot be completed successfully".  I used the troubleshooter as suggested, but the only problem it found was that I wasn't running Outlook. 

I have:
1. rebooted the laptop
2. hot reset and cold reset the PDA
3. did a repair of ActiveSync 4.5
4. did an uninstall and reinstall of ActiveSync 4.5
5. deleted all partnerships

Then I noticed that while I could explore the PDA, I couldn't copy any files from the PDA to the laptop/workstation.

Then I noticed that while I could use Mobile Word to update and save a file, I could not copy that file to my SD card, nor delete the file.  I get error messages to the effect that the file is locked or read-only.  I've checked in the memory manager that Word Mobile isn't running (and I've tried with other non-Word files to the same result), and I'm not sure I can verify if the RAM is somehow read-only.

I have somewhere between 10-30 MB free for programs.

I'm not sure if the two issues are related, but I suspect that they are.

Anyone seen/fixed this before?  I'm at the end of my rope in terms of resolving this issue, and the next step is to re-install WM 6.1.

thanks,

No comments:

Post a Comment