Pages

Saturday, April 23, 2011

remote desktop mobile-modem-wirelessrouter configuration

remote desktop mobile-modem-wirelessrouter configuration
I'm trying to connect my treo pro mobile phone with windows mobile 6.1 & remote desktop to my home pc (vista home premium w/ remote desktop hack installed) through a dsl modem (zxyel sp 660) connected to a wireless router (belkin 7230-h):.........
I'm trying to connect my treo pro mobile phone with windows mobile 6.1 & remote desktop to my home pc (vista home premium w/ remote desktop hack installed) through a dsl modem (zxyel sp 660) connected to a wireless router (belkin 7230-h):

Mobile Phone ----> dsl modem ----> wireless router ----> home pc

I've been working on this for several days and am ready to see how far I can throw a pc tower across the lawn (I'm thinking 20-25 ft).

I've looked online at forums for solutions and everyone has a different answer that doesn't seem to fit my situation appropriatly. I've read about port forwarding, static ip vs dyndns something, bridging this that and the other, public vs private ip, etc. I have a graduate degree from Duke University but it's in theology and NOT computers. UGH!

Before I decide to "lay hands" on the pc tower, can someone expain how I should have the mobile phone, dsl modem, wireless router and home pc configured so I can access my home desktop via the mobile phone over the internet?

Grateful in advance.

PS- if you can help me out, I'll see what I can do about getting you a line-cut pass for use at the pearly gates.

No comments:

Post a Comment